Join Paradox Sports for our 1st Annual Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP) Mountaineering Course
July 19 – 22, 2017
Are iconic peaks in the Rockies on your tick list? If so, you should join us for our first-ever mountaineering trip in Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP). This is a trip for adaptive athletes who want to experience a multi-day mountaineering adventure.
RMNP is a classic mountaineering destination featuring spectacular views, ample wildlife, and iconic peaks. Our goal will be to attempt Longs Peak, or another peak of similar technical difficulty, depending on our group and conditions in the mountains.
These climbs will involve extensive hiking at altitude, backcountry camping, rock scrambling, and some ropework. We will be in RMNP during prime summer mountaineering season- still, we may encounter cold temperatures, thunderstorms, or even snow and ice.
Add in some skilled guides, great comrades, and we’ve got all the necessary ingredients for a true mountain adventure!
Note: Due to the nature of this trip, it is only appropriate for athletes who can hike extended distances at altitude over uneven terrain.
*an updated and detailed schedule will be available closer to the event
- Wednesday July 19th: Introductions, team meeting, equipment check
- Thursday July 20th : Hike in to base camp
- Friday July 21st : Summit attempt
- Saturday July 22nd: Hike out and depart
$250 Early Bird $200 (until June 4th)
- Must register by July 1st
- All Early Bird payments must be received by June 4th or cost will increase to regular rate
- Includes all meals, climbing instruction, equipment, lodging, camping costs and National Park fees.
- You are responsible for your own transportation.