2017 Annual Yosemite Veterans 9/11 Commemorative Trip
* We are making some exciting changes to this year’s Yosemite trip. Registration is closed for now, but stay tuned more information coming soon!
September 8-11, 2017
Our 4th Annual trip to Yosemite National Park is a Veterans-focused program that provides transformative outdoor experiences for military members (veterans and active duty) and civilians who have a disability (wounded, injured or ill). You will experience rock climbing, hiking and group camping in one of America’s most iconic parks.
Because of the vast opportunities available in the park, our Yosemite trip offers multiple options for daytime activities in smaller teams. We encourage you to talk with staff about your personal goals and objectives as well as your outdoor experience to find the best team for you.
Paradox staff will be in touch shortly to pre-screen registrants to make sure everyone is qualified for a multiday wilderness experience.
Possibilities (based on climbing experience, personal goals, needs of the team, etc.) could include:
- A two-day hiking ascent of half dome via the cables route
- Single pitch climbs for new climbers
- Multi-pitch day climbs for more experienced climbers
- Overnight, “cliff camping” on a multi-pitch route
- Hiking to prominent waterfalls and view points
*an updated and detailed schedule will be available closer to the event
- Transport to Yosemite, arrival at park, set up camp, big group welcome dinner
- Half Dome Team: begin hike out, spend night in Little Yosemite Valley
- Climbing Teams: hike, climb, explore selected areas of Yosemite, spend night at camp
- Half Dome Team: Summits half dome, return to camp
- Climbing Teams: hike, climb, explore selected areas of Yosemite, return to camp
- ALL TEAMS: big group dinner, campfire
Monday : Pack up and departure
*Early Bird Pricing $100 until 7/14/2017
- Must register 30 days in advance.
- Payment must be received in full by 7/14 to receive Early Bird discount
- Includes all meals, climbing instruction, equipment, camping costs and National Park fees. You are responsible for your transportation to and from the closest airport.