The Outdoor Adaptive Climbing
Paradox Sports is the national leader in adaptive climbing and we are offering a new program format – outdoors! The Adaptive Climbing Initiative Course is intended for climbing facilitators, guides and instructors who seek to help people of all abilities climb.
This new Outdoor Adaptive Climbing Initiative Course is designed to prepare leaders in the climbing industry with the “tool-kit” necessary to accommodate climbers of any and all abilities in their programs or guide schools. This comprehensive training program will cover the diversity of disability, etiquette, health concerns, technical systems for adaptation, and site and risk management in a single pitch outdoor environment. The expert anecdotes and lessons provided serve adaptive athletes, climbing wall instructors, outdoor guides, physical therapists, and well-being advocates of all types.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Adaptive climbing community leaders
- Paraclimbing coaches and trainers
- Climbing gym operators
- Rock and ice climbing instructors/guides
- *Multiple years of climbing and climbing facilitation required
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- Teaching skills and instructional technique
- The “NEW” disability etiquette
- Health concerns and risk management
- Modern rope systems for adaptive climbing
- Mechanical advantage simplified
- Climbing on the Moon – a new counterweight system
- Disability etiquette